Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments
If you use a PC, laptop or any display screen equipment (DSE) the configuration of the screens, keyboard, mouse, desk, and chair should be assessed to ensure the correct posture is maintained by the user to reduce the risk of back, neck, arms, wrists and shoulder pain as well as potential fatigue and eyestrain.
What the Health & Safety Executive say:
“As an employer, you must protect your workers from the health risks of working with display screen equipment (DSE), such as PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones.”
“The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations apply to workers who use DSE daily, for an hour or more at a time. We describe these workers as ‘DSE users’. The regulations don’t apply to workers who use DSE infrequently or only use it for a short time.”
The DSE regulations apply to the following, for example:
- At a fixed workstation
- A mobile worker
- Home workers
- hot-desking (workers should carry out a basic risk assessment if they change desks regularly)
For more information regarding DSE please see Health and Safety Executive website.
What we offer
- As an introduction to our company we offer a half day appointment to meet you at your office premises and complete an assessment. This will include completing an overview to assess your general compliance, set up and adjust a few members of your staff and provide guidance for your manager responsible for this area of health and safety.
- Assessments are usually completed in 30-40 minutes with forms provided in advance for completion before the assessment takes place.
- Any changes to the working environment does require updating the DSE assessment for that space. We can complete this on your behalf on an ‘as and when’ basis or provide regular visits to ensure your staff wellbeing is maintained.
What is the Cost
- Our first initial half day visit will be £100.00 + VAT. This includes the first 75 miles travelling from our office at MK18.
- If however you purchase £1,000.00 + VAT of any furniture from us we will provide the first initial visit free of charge.
- If you need more time, have a large workforce, want us to complete the setting up all of your employees or provide regular visits then please Contact Us for a quotation.
What do our customers say?
To work in partnership with our clients to create stunning office environments