With many of us now spending up to 75%* of working hours sitting on an office chair at a workstation, it is more important than ever to ensure that the office provides a comfortable environment.
- Bad posture can cause a number of problems, including back and neck pain, which can reduce productivity.
- The good news is that these problems can be easily remedied through the adoption of user-friendly workstations and by adjusting the office chair, computer and desk to the correct position. So, investing in posture-friendly furniture is a must for preventing pain and improving performance.
*Figures from public health England
Why is posture at work important?
- Creating a comfortable and healthy working environment will effectively boost productivity and employee morale. Improving posture helps to alleviate aches and can lower the risk of circulatory diseases and repetitive strain injuries amongst employees.
- Many offices are not currently compliant with best practice and, as a result, staff often end up hunched over at their computer, causing pain and inefficiencies in the workplace.
Better posture can also reduce absenteeism; this is not just about improving employees’ attendance at work but also ensuring that while at work the employee is fully focused and not distracted by discomfort.
In addition, there are also regulatory implications when considering the welfare of office-based staff; Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments are enforced for any device or equipment that has an alphanumeric or graphic display screen.
Airo Operator Chair
With posture in mind, Meridian Office Furniture has a range of comprehensive solutions.
- The Airo is a one-size-fits all, ultra-adjustable office chair in the mid-to-high-level price range.
- The high-specification design benefits from a synchronised mechanism and a breathable mesh design shaped for improving lumbar support.
- Furthermore, the Airo is easy to adjust for multiple users, making it perfect for hot-desking!
Fusion Standard Ergonomic Office Chair
For those with a larger office, or budget requirements, the Fusion chair is the ideal base model.
- This ergonomic office range is certified by a leading chartered physiotherapist.
- The standard Fusion chair will satisfy the requirements for most employees.
- Each chair is built to accommodate individual users whilst maintaining a consistent look throughout the office.
- However, Meridian Office Furniture also offer petite and heavy-duty variants, as well as the option to change and adapt the mechanism.
- In addition, fabric, leather or vinyl options are available in a range of colours to complement your office environment.
These two products are compliant with the HSE ‘seating at work’ directives; the chairs are also 95% recyclable and come with a five-year warranty.
Feel free to ask our experienced team about how to create a stylish and comfortable office space that will bring out the best in your employees, and is also compliant with the latest guidelines.
Contact us for more information and check out our AMOT case study.