Meridian Office Furniture Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.meridianofficefurniture.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Meridian Office Furniture Limited of Unit 17, Mahoney Green, Rackheath, Norwich NR13 6JY
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.meridianofficefurniture.co.uk ("our site") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- - technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- - information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- - to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- - to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- - to support and manage your customer relationship with Meridian Office Furniture Limited (including maintenance of your account, informing you of changes and general news in relation to Meridian Office Furniture Limited and dealing with your enquiries and complaints
- - to provide you, or permit any of Meridian Group Companies to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail) or by post or telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit, we will contact you by electronic means or telephone.
- - to notify you about changes to our services;
- - to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- - to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- - to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your operating system and browser.
- - to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- - as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- - to monitor and record telephone calls for the purpose of security and training.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of the Meridian Group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- - Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- - A carefully selected third party partner who administers and hosts our online live customer service chat function.
- - Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- -In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- - If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Meridian Office Furniture Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.